Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Giardia and Worms oh my!!

Wednesday May 7th

…Unfortunately, Adam WAS sick again. He slept well all night and awoke with vomiting, abdo cramps and diarrhea. I am not sure what is going on…maybe a parasite from the water in the river?
I will just keep him in bed today and see how things go.
Of course that means missing another day in the clinic, which is very disappointing…but it just means we will have to come back again soon!!!

2 pm Wednesday
Well, I now know the answer to my long-time question: “when I ask for stool samples in ER, how exactly do the patients get them?”…disgusting!! Dr Mlai and Dr Bando were both around a lot today to see how Adam was doing. Dr Mlai sent the girls with a stool container and then came to pick it up once Adam had produced…I saw little white worms in the stool and Dr Mlai saw giardia under the scope. I think we have a double whammy and he is now on treatment for both!!

1 Comments:

At January 10, 2009 at 5:51 AM , Blogger Sid and Adam said...

this is a try

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home